KEY BENEFITS AND INGREDIENTS
CERIN C8 AND C10 MCT OIL – 4000MG
A key component of the popular ketogenic dietary method, MCTs (Medium-Chain Triglycerides, particularly those with fatty chains of 8-10 carbons as featured in Fasted Cardio) are metabolically superior fats designed to be used for energy rather than converted to bodyfat like their long-chain counterparts. Unlike other fats, the MCTs burn fat (especially from around the waistline) through enhanced thermogenesis along with lipogenesis in the liver rather than in the fat cells.6
CHOLINE BITARTRATE – 2000MG
Fasted Cardio’s three major benefits – increased fat burning, improved mental clarity, and reduced mental fatigue – can each be experienced through the largely unheralded CHOLINE BITARTRATE. Primarily, CHOLINE BITARTRATE speeds dietary fat through the body and into cells where it is promptly used for energy. It is also a key ingredient in the formation of phosphatidylcholine, a substance that enables proper mental functioning. Not widely known is the fact that this powerful fat-burning ingredient can also be used to enhance aesthetics by reducing inflammation, thus helping to eliminate subcutaneous water retention to promote the crisp and dry appearance that typifies the shredded physique.
INDIAN GOOSEBERRY FRUIT EXTRACT – 250MG
As with other key ingredients in Fasted Cardio, INDIAN GOOSEBERRY FRUIT EXTRACT is scientifically proven to enhance fat loss via its powerful lipolytic actions. A natural energy-rejuvenator that also increases muscle protein synthesis and assists with rehydration, this ingredient has been shown to be particularly effective in speeding up the metabolism and driving down total cholesterol, triglycerides, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), and very-low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. This makes it effective for cardiovascular health generally along with fat loss specifically.11
CAFFEINE ANHYDROUS (150MG) AND DI-CAFFEINE MALATE (150MG)
Fasted Cardio contains two of the most bioavailable and readily absorbable versions of the fitness industry’s most trusted thermogenic compound, CAFFEINE. In doses best known to promote maximum lipolysis, the CAFFEINE in Fasted Cardio rapidly stimulates the central nervous system to optimize blood levels of the hormone epinephrine. Working synergistically with the other ingredients contained in Fasted Cardio, caffeine signals the breakdown and subsequent utilization of stored body fat for energy (via the increase in epinephrine), as well as producing a corresponding 3-11% increase in resting metabolic rate along with enhanced thermogenesis.1, 2, 3, 7, 8 Also renowned for its mentally energizing effects, CAFFEINE boosts workout productivity while enhancing physical output (itself a potent precursor to sustained fat loss).
AFRICAN MANGO SEED EXTRACT – 150MG
Adding to Fasted Cardio’s unique listing of beneficial fat loss ingredients is AFRICAN MANGO SEED EXTRACT, a scientifically proven substance that works on a variety of critical metabolic pathways (including PPAR gamma, leptin, adiponectin, and glycerol-3 phosphate dehydrogenase) to significantly reduce body fat, waist size, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels, and the formation of C-reactive protein, a marker of inflammation that has been positively associated with excess fat gain.10 As with each of Fasted Cardio’s additionally potent ingredients, full clinical dosage of 150mg of AFRICAN MANGO SEED EXTRACT is included for maximum fat burning impact.
GBBGO (Gamma-Butyrobetaine-Hydrochloride) – 80MG
One of a new-breed of ultra-powerful thermogenesis-enhancers, GBBGO acts as a precursor to the potent fat-burning compound L-Carnitine, but with a major difference. Instead of being converted (via the enzyme Gamma-butyrobetaine dioxygenase) to plain old L-Carnitine, GBBGO produces nearly double the supply of readily usable L-Carnitine, a process which fast-tracks lipolysis while significantly increasing body temperature (you’ll sweat like you’ve done an hour of cardio in a sauna).5 This all adds up to rapid and consistent fat loss as you’ve never experienced before.
CAPSIATRA (Dihydrocapsiate) – 18MG
Rounding out Fasted Cardio’s formidable lineup of fat-blasting ingredients is CAPSIATRA, a capsinoid compound that has been shown to greatly increase whole-body energy expenditure, adrenosympathetic nervous system activation, and BAT (Brown Adipose Tissue) thermogenesis, resulting in the dissipation of significant amounts of chemical energy through uncoupled respiration and heat production.4, 9 Capsaicin and the capsinoids have a solid reputation for promoting the whole-body thermogenic effect that leads to decreased fat storage. Where the patented CAPSIATRA differs is in its additional potency minus the gastrointestinal side effects of other capsaicin-containing products.
Fasted Cardio comes in Red Candy Blast/Molotov Cocktail, Shock Therapy/Electric Blue Gummy, and Road Rage/Drive-Thru Orange Drink flavors. The Red Candy Blast flavor used for this review had its taste rated at 9.25/10 on the basis of its rich and distinct flavour, and no astringent aftertaste. Overall, it is considered to be a delicious, smooth-tasting formula with no bitterness.
$54.99 CDN and $39.99 USD per 40 serve container (4.1g per one-scoop serving) – $1.37 per serving (CDN) or $1.00 (USD)
Note: two-scoop servings are recommended for more advanced athletes/lifters.
Directions: Take one two-scoop serving (8.2g) of Fasted Cardio before cardio or any other form of training.
With its immediate impact on core temperature and mental alertness combined with near-flawless taste, energizing effects, and ability to keep the body in the fat-burning zone via steady metabolic improvements and prolonged thermogenesis, Fasted Cardio could be considered the new King of the fat burning products. Overall, in terms of effectiveness, it does exactly what is claimed on the label, contains a clinically dosed selection of only the very best, scientifically verified ingredients with zero filler substances, and delivers benefits that can be felt and experienced from the very first serving.
1. Belza, A. et al. (2007). Body fat loss achieved by stimulation of thermogenesis by a combination of bioactive food ingredients: a placebo-controlled, double-blind 8-week intervention in obese subjects. Int J Obes (Lond). 31(1):121‐130.
2. Campbell, B. I. et al. (2016). The effects of a fat loss supplement on resting metabolic rate and hemodynamic variables in resistance trained males: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 13, 14.
3. Dulloo, A.G. et al. (1989). Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and postobese human volunteers. Am J Clin Nutr. 49(1):44‐50.
4. Fenzl, A. et al. (2014). Brown adipose tissue and thermogenesis. Horm Mol Biol Clin Investig. 19(1):25‐37.
5. Fujita, M. et al. (2009). Hepatic uptake of gamma-butyrobetaine, a precursor of carnitine biosynthesis, in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 297(4): G681‐G686.
6. Hill, J.O. et al. (1989). Thermogenesis in humans during overfeeding with medium-chain triglycerides. Metabolism. 1989;38(7):641‐648. (MCTs)
7. Kim, T. W. et al. (2010). Effect of caffeine on the metabolic responses of lipolysis and activated sweat gland density in human during physical activity. Food Science and Biotechnology volume 19, pages1077–1081
8. Koot, P. et al. (1995). Comparison of changes in energy expenditure and body temperatures after caffeine consumption. Ann Nutr Metab. 1995;39(3):135‐142.
9. Lee, T. A. et al. (2010). Effects of dihydrocapsiate on adaptive and diet-induced thermogenesis with a high protein very low calorie diet: a randomized control trial Nutrition & Metabolism volume 7, Article number: 78
10. Ngondi, J.L. et al. (2009). IGOB131, a novel seed extract of the West African plant Irvingia gabonensis, significantly reduces body weight and improves metabolic parameters in overweight humans in a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled investigation. Lipids Health Dis. 8:7. Published 2009 Mar 2.
11. Upadya, H. (2019). A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, multicenter clinical trial to assess the efficacy and safety of Emblica officinalis extract in patients with dyslipidemia. BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 19(1), 27.