For most of us, the New Year represents a fresh start, a do-over; I don’t know about you, but I don’t like going into a New Year with the mindset of failure, and I have to start again.
The best way to be successful is to focus on all the things you have accomplished until this point. And then create more of what made you proud of yourself.
- Was it starting your fitness journey?
- Eating better,
- Walking more?
- Are you sleeping better?
- Getting out in the fresh air more
- Working on your mindset?
How can you add to what you’ve already started and fine-tune it to make it even better?
TOP 5 TIPS
- SET GOALS THAT WILL CREATE A LIFESTYLE YOU LOVE
- Creating a lifestyle you love that will enhance feelings of joy & peace and a growth mindset.
- Don’t think so much about just creating goals rather than a lifestyle. Yes, I know I am a huge believer in setting goals, but sometimes, this is where our goals can get out of alignment with our lifestyle. When setting your goals, ask yourself: “Will this make my life better? Can I do this forever?”
- Think of some previous goals you set out that you have already accomplished; how did those make you feel? Make a list of them and, beside each one, write the feeling attached that you felt at that moment.
- Now write your new list of goals for 2022 and keep your list of accomplished goals beside them where you can see them daily.
- Remember to start with your most important goal or the one you can start on right away, don’t try and chase all at once as this will be counterproductive and lead to discouragement.
- Pick one goal and start small; remember consistency beats perfection.
- PRIME YOUR ENVIRONMENT AND PREPARE FOR SUCCESS
- Now that you have your goals, you must prime your environment to help you reach those goals and have everything prepared. We will talk about the three areas you should have this done; you may only need to focus on one of these or all three. But remember, like anything starts small.
If you struggle with the nutrition part, make sure your fridge and pantry are set to help you not derail you. Having food pre-planned and prepped in advance will help you with this.
It’s important to know you can only resist something for so long before you cave, so let’s use the mantra ” out of sight, out of mind.”
Remove it from your house if it will be a stumbling block.
You have to have a plan for your mindset, no matter who you are. Again, start small 5 minutes every day or even one day a week, and then as you get consistent with this, increase your time or frequency. The best time to work on your mindset is as soon as you get up in the morning.
Make sure you have your morning routine set up in a place where it has everything you need and creates the environment for you to focus. This means a podcast, book, bible or journaling, a gratitude list and maybe even your goals for the day.; this will help set your intentions for the day.
If you struggle with doing your workouts, make sure you schedule them for the week. Set your schedule up to meet you where you’re at, not where you want to be.
You haven’t worked out in 3 months, and you set up your schedule to train 5-6x a week…maybe that’s your end goal, but you have to start where you’re at, so start with 3x a week and then build from there. This will help you not feel overwhelmed and build your confidence when you accomplish your 3 workouts that week.
- CONSISTENCY IS KEY
- It’s important to remember that for any success in life, with must be consistent. As long as you take small daily action steps towards your goals, you will reach your goal no matter how small the steps are. Remember, consistency doesn’t mean doing things perfectly; it means never giving up no matter how many times you fall.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKE-MIND PEOPLE
- This is so important! Who is your support system? Who are the people that inspire you, give you words of wisdom, encouragement and mental push when you need it? The FCB community does just that! So if you are looking for support, then we got you 😉
- CHECK YOURSELF OFTEN
- You must be willing to check in with yourself or your coach if you have one, to make sure you haven’t wandered off or got distracted.
- We must be willing to reevaluate where we’re at.
- Consistency is going to require weekly and sometimes daily reflection and even redirection.
I hope these tips will be your guide; and help you have a new year and a new you never liked before. I can’t wait to hear all your success stories and all the goals you’ve accomplished!
You got this; I believe in you!
Hannah is such an inspiration and amazing coach! Her 5 tips have made such a difference for me and the FCB ladies 😊
This is so helpful! I know if I don’t do my check ins I don’t hold myself accountable. I know what makes me successful and I need to just keep being consistent.
Hannah your always full of such wisdom, I love taking your tips and applying them to my life! Thanks again!
Best trainer ❤️
Amazing advice, as always. So grateful for you
Such amazing tips. I love all the suggestions and applying them to my workouts. Such an inspiration and the best coach/trainer ever!
Love these tips 💪🏼 They make such a huge difference !!!
Such great tips! Hannah is so knowledgeable and inspiring, thank you for sharing your knowledge with the fitness world!
I kept falling into my old habits until I changed my environment. Find a tribe!
“The best way to be successful is to focus on all the things you have accomplished until this point. And then create more of what made you proud of yourself.”
I love this quote. It encourages me focus on my WINS and build on those. Continuing to focus on the good habits creates long lasting change and encourages me to keep going.
These are all such important tips!! I love the surround yourself with like minded people. I literally have no one in my life that likes working out like I do….thankful for an amazing group of ladies that are there when you need them!